Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium 12
Item Number: DRAGONPREM12
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Premium provides a whole new way to interact with a PC -- using
speech instead of a keyboard and mouse -- to
help you work faster and more efficiently. Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium ignites new levels of productivity by letting you interact with your PC by voice at work, home, or school. Dictate or modify documents, spreadsheets and presentations, send email, search the Web, and more. Even capture notes on the go using a digital recorder and Dragon will transcribe the audio files back at your PC.
A Few New Features:
- Improved Accuracy : Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11, which means you can get things done faster.
- Enhanced Experience with Gmail and Hotmail : Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support : Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started.
- Dragon Remote Microphone App for iOS and now Android : Dragon 12 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App.
Time-Saving Voice Commands
- Facebook and Twitter Commands: Users can easily update Facebook by saying “Post to Facebook”, “Post to Facebook [text],” or “Post that to Facebook.” Tweets are quickly captured by voice: a user selects dictated or typed text (via mouse or voice command), and says “Post that to Twitter.” Additional Twitter commands include “Tweet [text]” (English only) and “Post to Twitter [text].”
- Text Formatting Commands: Formatting text is faster and easier with new commands and capabilities not found in versions 9 and 10.
- The “Quote that” and “Bracket that” commands can be applied to the last utterance or current selection. In addition, the new “Empty Quotes” and “Empty Brackets” commands can be used if a customer knows ahead of time the next utterance should be quoted/bracketed.
Improved Correcting and Editing
- Handling Multiple Matches in Text: Dragon 12 has the ability to quickly and easily apply correcting, formatting and editing commands to one or all items when the command could apply to multiple instances of text. Include an “Undo all” command. The command is active only immediately after the user gives a “Choose all” command.
- More Usable Spelling Window: The Spelling Window (allowing users to type or spell out something Dragon was not able to transcribe) is now resizable horizontally and delivers more readable options for alternate words and phrases, making it easier for users to modify or correct text.
provides a whole
new way to interact
with a PC -- using
of a keyboard
and mouse -- to
help you work
faster and more efficiently. Dragon turns
ideas into text at the speed of thought so
you can communicate more freely and
persuasively. Just say words and watch
them appear on the computer screen
-- three times faster than typing -- with
no typos! Tell your PC what to do, and it
obeys your commands. Get more done
- Dictate, edit and format documents
- Create spreadsheets and presentations
- Search the Web or desktop
- Send email and instant messages
- Create appointments and schedules
- Use a digital voice recorder to capture
notes for later transcription at your PC
Dragon 12 Premium includes everything
users need to get started, including a
high-quality headset. Dragon Premium
Wireless includes a wireless headset, and
Dragon Premium Mobile includes a digital
A PERSONAL ASSISTANT FOR THE PC
With Dragon, users say words and they appear on the computer screen -- three
times faster than typing -- with up to 99% accuracy right out of the box. You can even
personalize Dragon with custom word lists and formatting preferences. Dragon gets
more accurate over time as it learns your word choices and writing style.
MORE ACCURATE THAN EVER BEFORE
NEW! Dragon 12 Premium delivers significantly improved accuracy, reducing
recognition errors by up to 20% over Dragon 11. Plus, it detects hardware resources
and automatically sets up the recommended configuration for optimal performance.
CONTROL YOUR COMPUTER BY VOICE
NEW! More Dragon Voice Shortcuts: Just say what you want to do, and Dragon
does it. In addition to simple commands that create email, schedule appointments,
and search the Web or desktop, now you can use “Search [website] for [xyz]”
commands to conduct specific searches on Facebook.com, MySpace.com, Twitter,
IRS.gov, and the Nuance technical KnowledgeBase.
Custom Commands: Dragon works the way you work. Users can create custom
voice commands -- quickly and easily -- to insert frequently used text and/or
graphics for dramatic time savings.
BE MORE CREATIVE AND PRODUCTIVE -- ANYWHERE
Dragon keeps up with users’ brains, instantly transforming ideas into text -- with no
typos. So you can focus on content instead of typing and spelling for higher quality,
more detailed results. For optimal convenience, you can:
- Stand up, pace, or cross the room -- there’s no need to be tethered to your PC
when you use Dragon with a wireless headset.
- Dictate notes using a digital voice recorder to capture thoughts while they’re still
fresh in your mind. And training recorders has never been easier!
- NEW! Creating a user profile for a digital voice recorder has never been faster or
easier. Plus, Dragon 12 Premium now directly accepts more audio file formats.
EASY TO USE
- NEW! The Dragon Sidebar allows users to discover and access key
commands and tips by putting them in one convenient desktop location. Its content
automatically changes depending on which window is currently active.
- Dragon Premium works with just about any Windows® application -- Microsoft®
Word, Excel®, Outlook®, Internet Explorer®, OpenOffice® Writer, and more -- making
the applications you rely on every day faster and easier to use.
CREATE DOCUMENTS, SPREADSHEETS AND EMAIL, SCHEDULE
APPOINTMENTS, OR SEARCH THE WEB -- JUST BY TALKING!
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor).
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
Windows Server 2008 SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM:We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase)
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
* This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.